I have webmin running on 3 separate Ubuntu 10.04 LTS servers and it appears to have stopped sending monitor emails. I spent the day tweaking and testing and discovered that it will not send emails to an alias or a local user. It will only send to a fully specified email address eg user@localhost or email@example.com.
It /used/ to send to aliases and I think that this occurred with version 1.570. I've only noticed this now as I've had some disks fill up that I didn't notice.
You end up with entries in /var/log/mail.log like
postfix/sendmail: fatal: Recipient addresses must be specified on the command line or via the -t option
To replicate this, set up an alias in /etc/aliases and run newaliases (with postfix) (or webmin will do all this for you) and update your scheduled monitoring to send to the alias. I had a sysalert aliased to several users for group notificatoin. Let the monitoring run (or /etc/webmin/status/monitor.pl ) and check for mai and the entries in /var/log/mail.log (or .err .warn ...)
I believe that this is a similar issue to what is in this thread
Based upon what I read in this thread, http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/spamassassin-users/200606.mbox/%3C1149729928.firstname.lastname@example.org%3E
it seems that the sendmail command is looking for a -t option which Webmin isn't passing when it makes the sendmail call.
Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS
Log in to post a comment.