#3376 user_chooser.cgi + apache


If I reconfigure webmin to be used through apache by way of proxy (copy-n-paste: # ProxyPass /webmin/ http://localhost:10000/
ProxyPassReverse /webmin/ http://localhost:10000/ # Add the lines webprefix=/webmin and webprefixnoredir=1 to /etc/webmin/config.) and then I goto use http://\{site}/webmin/user_chooser.cgi?multi=1 then it comes back with a set of frames and "file not found" because the frames are anchored at "/user_chooser.cgi" instead of (in my case) "/webmin/user_chooser.cgi"

However, if instead I change lines 38, 40, 41 from [[[ print "<frame src=\"/user_chooser.cgi?frame=1&multi=1\">\n"; ]]] to [[[ print "<frame src=\"user_chooser.cgi?frame=1&multi=1\">\n"; ]]] then I get the expected behavior.

Additionally, if I understand the options, I would expect that the addition of $gconfig{'webprefix'} might be sufficient. as a prefix to /user_chooser.cgi.

However, the fix I mentioned above seems to solve my particular needs. I could not find this documented in the bugtracker. If it IS already documented, then please delete/remove this bug. Additionally, I assigned it to group 1.470, although it might pertain to ALL versions.


  • Jamie Cameron

    Jamie Cameron - 2009-04-14
    • status: open --> closed-fixed
  • Jamie Cameron

    Jamie Cameron - 2009-04-14

    Thanks, that is indeed a bug ... it will be fixed in the next Webmin release.


Log in to post a comment.