#2884 Batch import feature fails with LDAP Users and Group

1.360
closed
9
2007-08-15
2007-08-14
No

When importing users from a batch file in the specified format I receive the following error:

##############################################
HTTP/1.0 500 Perl execution failed
Server: MiniServ/0.01
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 15:58:57 GMT
Content-type: text/html
Connection: close

Error - Perl execution failed

Can't locate object method "search" via package "username" (perhaps you forgot to load "username"?) at ./ldap-useradmin-lib.pl line 628.

##############################################

It refers to "sblank" as a package, but this is simply the first user in the list. Below is an example of what my import file looks like:

create:username:password::1003:New User:/home/username:/bin/sh:::::

I have tried with the above being the only line in the file and still get the error.

I am running Webmin version 1.360.

Discussion

  • Jim Kronebusch

    Jim Kronebusch - 2007-08-14
    • priority: 5 --> 9
     
  • Jim Kronebusch

    Jim Kronebusch - 2007-08-14

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=1867523
    Originator: YES

    Also this is running on Edubuntu Feisty 7.04.

    I had a typo above as well, I said the error refers to "sblank" as a package, but that should read "username". I quick cleared the actual username to protect the innocent but forgot that line.

    Thanks,
    Jim

     
  • Jamie Cameron

    Jamie Cameron - 2007-08-15

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=129364
    Originator: NO

    Ok, I see the cause of this bug. To fix it, edit the file ldap-useradmin/batch_exec.cgi under the Webmin root directory and change line 87 to :

    if (&check_user_used($ldap, $user{'user'})) {

    This fix will be in the next Webmin release.

     
  • Jamie Cameron

    Jamie Cameron - 2007-08-15
    • status: open --> closed
     
  • Jim Kronebusch

    Jim Kronebusch - 2007-08-15

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=1867523
    Originator: YES

    You are a lifesaver! I have a few hundred users to get imported in the next few days and started scrambling to get this figured out yesterday. Thank you so much for tackling this so quickly and getting me a fix. I made the changes this morning and can confirm that everything is now working perfectly.

    I owe you one,
    Jim

     

Log in to post a comment.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:





No, thanks