#1255 WEBMIN DOES NOT WORK ON RED HAT 9

1.100
closed
None
5
2004-03-23
2003-08-11
Anonymous
No

Hi, it doe'nt matter if i upgrade webmin or installing it
from a scratch, i got an error "the page cannot be
displayed" when installing/upgrading to /1.100 and can't
even access the menus properly i am using red hat 9
and perl 5.8.0 mail me at admin@netadmin.us
i tried it on 2 of my servers so we can't say its my
server problem.
as soon as i logout and try to login after successfull
upgrade i can't login back to the server.

Discussion

  • Nobody/Anonymous

    Logged In: NO

    Forgot to say that with webmin 090 it works 100% ok.
    on both servers

     
  • Jared

    Jared - 2003-08-11

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=842496

    I have 1.100 installed on redhat 9.0 and it works fine.

     
  • Jamie Cameron

    Jamie Cameron - 2003-08-12

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=129364

    This is probably a problem with IE that some people have reported - try
    Netscape instead.

     
  • Jamie Cameron

    Jamie Cameron - 2003-08-12
    • assigned_to: nobody --> jcameron
     
  • Wolf Butler

    Wolf Butler - 2003-09-18

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=869572

    I'm having a similar problem. Just installed Red Hat 9.0 on two
    new servers, along with all the latest patches from Red Hat.
    When I install Webmin 1.110 (from RPM) most of it seems to
    work okay except none of the online functions work.
    Specifically- I can't use the online Upgrade modules, and I
    can't download new Perl modules (such as Net:SSLeay). The
    browser just eventually times-out. This is happening on the
    server itself with Mozilla as well, so it is not an IE problem. Is
    it possible there is a Perl module missing or corrupted in this
    Red Hat install that Webmin isn't reporting an error for?

     
  • Wolf Butler

    Wolf Butler - 2003-09-18

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=869572

    I forgot to add to my last message...

    I have verified Internet connectivity (works fine for normal
    Web browsing and FTP) and there is no firewall installed on
    the server (it is behind my corporate firewall). I have two
    other servers running Red Hat 7.2 and Red Hat 8.0 with the
    most recent version of Webmin on the same network, and
    they do not have this problem.

     
  • Jamie Cameron

    Jamie Cameron - 2003-09-18

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=129364

    I've seen this network problem myself on RH9. It happens if
    webmin is started before networking is enabled, as for some
    reason Perl caches the old DNS or networking settings. There
    isn't really much that can be done about it, apart from
    re-starting webmin at the shell prompt.

     
  • Nobody/Anonymous

    Logged In: NO

    I have no problem running version 1.1 and newer on my Red
    Hat 9 i386 machine

     
  • Jamie Cameron

    Jamie Cameron - 2004-03-23
    • status: open --> closed
     

Log in to post a comment.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:

JavaScript is required for this form.





No, thanks