NoClassDefFoundError - New to this!

Help
Tim
2006-10-05
2012-09-04
  • Tim

Tim - 2006-10-05

Hi,

As you will probably be immediately aware, I'm quite new to this.

I am running the following command line in XP:

java -jar webharvest026.jar config=c:\wh\examples\expekt.xml workdir=c:\wh\

and get this error no matter what I do:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/PropertyConfigurator at CommandLine.main(Unknown Source)

I know I am doing something wrong, I just don't know what. Help please!?

Many thanks!

Tim

• zoombongo

zoombongo - 2006-10-12

Thank you ofr fixing this so quickly. webharvest0261 works great now.

• Vladimir Nikic

Vladimir Nikic - 2006-10-05

You didn't specify classpath for dependant JARs.
      use -classpath or -cp parameter. Or, put all jars in the same directory (webharvest26.jar + all dependancies) and it will work without specifying classpath.

• Tim

Tim - 2006-10-05

Okay, excellent and thank you, a little further ahead. Now I have this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/ccil/cowan/tagsoup/Parser

By the way, I copied all the jar files in to the same folder as webharvest026.jar.

Thank you for the help and sorry to be a pain.

• Vladimir Nikic

Vladimir Nikic - 2006-10-05

Now it seems that the file tagsoup-1.0.1.jar is missing from the class path.

• Tim

Tim - 2006-10-05

Well I thought that but I did double check I had copied it alone with all the other files. Here is the name of file that I have included in the path:

tagsoup-1.0.1.jar

I also downloaded the file from the creators website to ensure there was no corruption and I stil get the same error.

Sorry about this!

Tim

• Tim

Tim - 2006-10-08

Sorted.

I asked a friend who knows a lot more than me about Java! I hear you all saying not difficult :)

I downloaded eclipse SDK and it ran fine. It was the easiest way for me to set up all the classpath's as I just couldn't do it at command line using -classpath or -cp, my syntax must have just not been correct.

Cheers!

• zoombongo

zoombongo - 2006-10-12

Running on XP SP2

I'm also seeing this error when I try to use the examples. I have all the files in one dir, both zipped and unzipped. The classpath enviornment variable is set to include the dir with all the files but I still get this error.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/ccil/cowan/tagsoup/Parser

Anyhelp would be appreciated.

• Vladimir Nikic

Vladimir Nikic - 2006-10-12

It was minor bug. Sorry. After adding new version of dependant library (TagSoup) I've forgotten to update manifest file (META-INF\MANIFEST.MF inside Web-Harvest jar file) which contains exact names of dependant jars. Now I created new version for download (webharvest0261.jar) but only change is inside the webharvest026.jar/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file where instead of "tagsoup-1.0rc3.jar" should be "tagsoup-1.0.1.jar". If you don't want to download new jar, just fix it manualy.