Newbie question - WH and javascript buttons

Help
BamaFan
2011-05-24
2012-09-04
  • BamaFan

BamaFan - 2011-05-24

Hello. Im brand new to WH.

Im trying to extract data from an .asp website. After the login, a succession
    of clicks on buttons(javascript functions) gets me to where I need to be. How
    do I simulate the button press in WH? Does anyone have an example?

Thank You in Advance

• Taras Emelyanenko

WH is not a web browser, which can render HTML page.

Thats why you need to check what javascript sends to server after you press a
    button, and then you can simulate this request with WH.

• BamaFan

BamaFan - 2011-05-26

Im not quite understand what you are saying. I realize it's not a web browser.

After logging in(which I can do in WH) I then need to to press a menu button.
    There are several layers of this . My question is ,after logging in, how do I
    simulate a button click on a particular button. There are several on the
    screen. Once I click the final button, I can then extract the html data into
    the xml file, Ive done this in test, so I know how to do it . I just dont know
    how to click a button in WH.

• Alex Wajda

Alex Wajda - 2011-05-27

There is no way to click the buttons in WH. To be more precise there is no
    buttons to click in WH. Perhaps the ones in IDE, those are clicked by mouse :)

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2011-10-07

Did you ever solve this dilema?

• Steven P. Goldsmith

This is usually a matter of figuring out the action URL or DOM values set by
    the script. I'm currently running a script that simulates the click by parsing
    out the URL and setting any GET parameters that are required. No easy way to
    do this, you must reverse engineer the page and figure it out. You can also
    look at Badboy http://www.badboy.com.au/features.html which requires Windows and runs inside IE and can pretty
    much handle everything. I've not used it for parsing, but it's great to
    scripting load tests.