Menu

Unable to download files

Help
Anonymous
2003-08-02
2004-04-26
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-08-02

Just got waste installed last night, and was downloading files just fine with a friend.  Today, he can still download from me just fine, but when I attempt downloads, it just says "connecting", indefinately.  He has tried sending me files, and I get a promt and accept, but then the files just go to my pending queue (the Downloads tab) and never downloads.  The files in the pending queue go to the download queue, but fail, and go back to the pending queue again, with the state of "Connecting".

I'm going through router/firewall with port 1337 opened up for udp/tcp. 
    I'm running on Win XP SP1.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-08-06

Everytime I have seen this message it is because your specified download folder is no longer available.  It could be full, not existant, no permission etc..  Try changing your download folder to another location.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-10-22

This is not the issue. I also have this problem and have tried everything. I currently have two people who I can download from without problem and one just stuck in connecting constantly. I have tried everything I can think of to resolve.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-11-11

Have you tried using "Force incoming IP" in the IP Addresses area of preferences? Set it to your public internet IP and see if you get a better result. Basically what I think is happening is your computer is sending out your LAN address (192.168.?.?) and your friend's client is trying to send data to an IP that doesn't exist on the internet. Using that in conjunction with forwarding a port in your router should do the trick.

I know this message is a couple months old so maybe you found a solution already, but if anyone else is having this problem give it a try.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2004-04-22

Got the same problem in a one-to-one network (1.3c) with my brother who's currently in another country. I have a static IP and he has an USB-ADSL Modem - don't know if he has a dynamic IP behind his outside address, what I saw on his notebook looked more like some dialup thing.

I configured the connection to use two keys, a "secret" network name, another port - I believe that using 1337 is like saying "I'm WASTEing" - and a transfer cap of 10KB.
      The Connection usually works for some hours (or sometimes just minutes) and then bang... Connecting resp. NOT Connecting - until the other side restarts WASTE.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2004-04-26

Update: Now that I (and probably also my brother) updated to 1.4alpha3 it works for days, problem went away so far.