What this is about...
The majority of vendors around the world, who sell products with a warranty, have two key issues:
- Keeping track of their warranties - i.e., if a product is still under warranty or not.
- Knowing the availability of stocks - particularly for replacements.
WarrantyTrack is your first and best choice for Warranty Tracking. It's now crossed the beta stage and is available as for public use.
If you want to simplify your business activities in the said areas, you'll definitely benefit from this product.
Video introduction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNrfaEkjfZQ
Why choose this product...
- It is open source
- There's no need to install it on each and every machine since it's browser-driven.
- You can run it off a single LAN server in your business, or on a web host.
- There's no need to worry about compilers and their costs since it's PHP based.
- Easily read product serial numbers from bar code scanners if needed
Although there aren't any restrictions regarding the user platform, I personally recommend the following:
- OS: Ubuntu Server for server, Ubuntu destkop or Windows if you like
- Database server: MySQL - any version should do, but stick to at least v.4.x
- Language platform: PHP5 or compatible
- Web browser: FireFox 3 or above recommended