Menu

Things to do

Chung
2005-02-04
2013-05-01
  • Chung

Chung - 2005-02-04

1) A good way to start up and shut down MySQL. First need to learn more about how MySQL works. Might be able to just spawn mysqld.exe and sig-kill it afterward.

2) htdocs folder monitoring. Would make it easier to develop if the windows would refresh themselves when files are modified. This happens for the config file already. Make sense to do it for php.ini as well.

3) A way to eject disc would be neat for  deployment on CDs. Should implement disc insertion/ejection notification (via Javascript) as well. Also, a function to get the name of a disc.

4) "Move to recycling bin" through the external object.

• Michael Bell

Michael Bell - 2005-02-14

Your timing couldn't have been more perfect! I have been looking for something like this for some time and was about to give up and write one myself.

Based upon the scope of wapache as I see you have it layed out, you may want to not incorporate MySQL. If people are going to require a database system that complex, then it may be more benficial for them to look into using a real MySQL server.

htdocs monitoring is an excellent idea but I am not sure how it should be done. If you just refresh the window if the file changes but somebody is entering data on a form in that document, all their input would be lost. Maybe an option but I wouldn't like to see that as the standard.

CD routines are a nice touch. Just don't get too indepth with the implementation. I've seen others start small and end up with something completly outside the scope of what they wanted to achieve in the first place.

Not sure why you would want to interact with the filesystem?

Two things that I would love to see implemented is the ability to have the main window the systemtray icon. That way you can leave the program running without any windows up and only open them when you need them. Another thing that would be really nice is to have the ability to load all the documents into a single file (dll?) and served from that. It would make deploying a not-so-eaisly modified install script or business logic so much eaiser.

Let me know what I can do to help you out.

• Adrian

Adrian - 2006-12-04

[quote]Based upon the scope of wapache as I see you have it layed out, you may want to not incorporate MySQL. If people are going to require a database system that complex, then it may be more benficial for them to look into using a real MySQL server. [/quote]

How bout sqllite??? It is pretty popular in desktop applications (firefox for example).

• Joe Boggs

Joe Boggs - 2010-05-13

I've bundled sqlite with my wapache apps, and it works great - though you need to update some apache files with the proper version of php and sqlite extensions. I wonder if Cherny is ever going to update this software again. I use it all the time. Chung? You out there??