Menu

WANem at > 40Gbps - GUI can't handle it

2017-04-29
2017-05-18
  • John Mansperger

John Mansperger - 2017-04-29

I am looking to use WANem to model connectivity between two data centers with a stretched SAN between them. Connectivity between the two sites is at a minimum, 2Gbps and as 80Gbps.

I am running WANem on a physical server, a Dell R720 with 48 cores and 512GB of RAM, with 5 x 2-port Intel 10GbE NICs and 2 x 2-port Mellanox ConnextX-3 40GbE NICs.

The WANem GUI cannot handle this level of bandwidth. I'm interested in modifying the source code, if it was available, with a hope of creating an installable application instead of a standalone ISO.

It donesn't look like anyone from Tata has ever published the source code, which I thought was required since they borrowed someone else's source code to start with?

If I cannot get the source to start with, I will likely attempt to do it by hand with netem.

Thanks,

John

• Court Buell

Court Buell - 2017-05-18

Apposite Technologies sells a 40gbps WAN emulator appliance. I understand that WANem is open source, but if your looking for a solution with a higher degree of accuracy and customer support, it might me something to consider. Feel free to message me if interested in learning more