Static IP changed

Help
QMA
2008-07-31
2013-02-03
  • QMA

QMA - 2008-07-31

Hello,

I manually set the ip at the beginning. But the ip address will change as time goes. It seems that WANem obtained another ip address from DHCP or something else?

Could you please help me with this problem?

Best Regards,

QMA

• Spencer

Spencer - 2008-08-15

This is happening to me too. It seem that even though I choose no DHCP in the setup at the beginning, the DHCP client is still running. I can set a static IP but it will only last for a few minutes because the client requests a new one and changes it.

I can't believe more people aren't having this problem.

• Todd Bradley

Todd Bradley - 2008-10-03

Sorry, I've never seen this happen.  Did you exit2shell and see if DHCP was actually running on the PC?

• Slappfisk

Slappfisk - 2009-06-02

Yes it occurs for me also.  The machine will switch from a static IP to a dynamic one some hours after I have configured it.

• M K Nambiar

M K Nambiar - 2009-06-02

If you able to reproduce this problem may I suggest turning tcpdump on after you set up the static IP.(Of course you need to use exit2shell)

The packet trace shd give some insight regarding the source of the problem. Atleast something like "whether the IP address change was initiated by WANem or it was enforced by some network conditions".

Regards,
      M.K.Nambiar

• Slappfisk

Slappfisk - 2009-06-03

Looks like it was enforced by network conditions.  The machine lost network connectivity and it appears that in this case WANem discards the static IP and acquires a DHCP address.  Is this intended behaviour?

• ffg5656rtdf43

ffg5656rtdf43 - 2012-02-01

The same happens to me with WANem 2.3
    Any solutions? How can I stop DHCP client?

• ffg5656rtdf43

ffg5656rtdf43 - 2012-02-05

There is solution.