WANem scriptable

• Mike Byrnes

Mike Byrnes - 2008-03-06

we like the features of WANem but we are trying to do things in a remote scriptable procedure.
    Is there a way to modify the Advanced Mode Operation fields for an interface in this manner?
    Mike Byrnes

• M K Nambiar

M K Nambiar - 2008-03-07

Hello Mike,

Yes you operate WANem remotely. The script should send HTTP POST request to the WANem web server.

This can be done by using web recording & playback tools. These tools can also help you parameterize values in the generated scripts.

Some popular tools I know of are (there could be many others)
      1> OpenSTA (Open Source)
      2> WinRunner/Vugen (from HP/Mercury)
      3> Rational Tester (from IBM)

Pasting a sample below. For a bandwidth of 6291Kbps, latency 45ms and loss = 0.001
      POST /WANem/index-advanced.php HTTP/1.1

Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/x-shockwave-flash, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/msword, application/x-silverlight, */*

Accept-Language: en-us

Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded

UA-CPU: x86

Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate

User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.2)

Content-Length: 558

Connection: Keep-Alive

Cache-Control: no-cache

Cookie: PHPSESSID=d7eb54e16253d6240ef10a0006958bd8

Hope this helps,

It was good thing that you explained it how to access WAnem remotely. Can you please help me out how to use OpenSTA tool to send POST HTTP request

• Fred Stakem

Fred Stakem - 2008-03-17

Has anyone done remote scripting within code. I need to run some emulation tests and want to automatically change the emulator within c#.

• M K Nambiar

M K Nambiar - 2008-03-20

I havent tried using c# myself. But is should be very simple.

To do this in C# one option is to use the C# HTTP API to send a POST request with the parameters as given in my earlier mail on thic topic

If you have msdn setup you can use the C# HTTP API URL -

Hope this helps.

• Victor

Victor - 2008-06-25

I have same problem, if not more.

I need to boot wanem on a headless computer, and have it come up with dhcp and predefined configuration without interaction.

Also, after booting, I need to be able to change settings dynamically/on the fly (bandwidth, latency, packet loss, etc).

I am using 1.2.1.

Has anyone a verified solution?

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks