KDE?

Help
Anonymous
2011-09-22
2014-12-26
  • Anonymous - 2011-09-22

I have it running.  Or so I think…  The "debug" show's that its changing the wallpaper, but my screen remains black.  The other issue, is that I'm trying to use Flickr to find "cisco" images, and its pulling from a local source that I had setup initially to test.  Now it can't seem to use anything but the local files.  Is there a configuration file someplace that I can use to force the change? 

http://pastebin.com/AhzEbg2x

• Anonymous - 2011-09-23

Now….  I can get flickr to work, but google sources aren't collecting.  =[

• Nexus7

Nexus7 - 2012-02-19

KDE 4.8 here, and Wally isn't behaving as expected. Similar to what you were observing, the wallpaper doesn't change when I click "Next Photo", however the debug shows something is happening. Also, "Explore Source" does nothing, no debug output either. Wally does change the wallpaper on its own though.

• Anonymous - 2012-06-16

KDE 4.8 is working now, on Kubuntu and Fedora with version 2.4.4. I think I was not restarting KDM earlier (when I posted post #3). So if it doesn't seem to do anything for you, try restarting KDM.

• ohad

ohad - 2014-12-26

when using kde with other window manager (e,g lightDM) wally may not work. (has similar problem and replacing lightDM with KDM solved it)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks