SourceForge has been redesigned. Learn more.
Close

trouble with waffles_generate

Help
Anonymous
2013-05-14
2015-01-22
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2013-05-14

when I try running waffles_generate I get the following error message:
    waffles_generate: command not found

I can use other parts of the tool, aka the library, and all other command line tools.

I tried make in the source and got no compiler errors. Nor did I recieve any when I did sudo make install.

Suggestions?

• Mike Gashler

Mike Gashler - 2013-05-14

To build waffles_generate, go into the "depends" folder and do "sudo make install".

(I put apps with external dependencies in the "depends" folder, so the majority of users who never use these apps will not have to install any external dependencies. waffles_generate depends on the libpng12-dev package.)

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-01-22

Do you have any information on how to build waffles_generate on Windows?

• Mike Gashler

Mike Gashler - 2015-01-22

1- Open waffles/src/depends/generate/waffles_generate.vcxproj in VisualStudio 2013 Express Edition.
    2- In Solution Explorer, right-click on "waffles_generate"->properties->Configuration Properties->Linker->Additional Library Directories, and tell it where your copy of libpng.lib is located.
    3- Build.

I know step 2 is the annoying one. I used to include a 32-bit version of libpng for Windows with my Waffles distribution, so Windows users would not have to worry about dependencies, but this solution has two problems: 1- It is unsafe. When the libpng developers fix a security vulnerability, users should not continue to be exposed by a superfluous outdated copy that I included. 2- When Visual Studio Express Edition finally supported 64-bit builds in 2013, I switched to build in 64-bit by default on Windows. I spend about 20 minutes trying to build libpng.lib for a 64-bit architecture before I became so annoyed at Microsoft for still providing no package repository with Windows that I decided I was tired of covering up its flaws.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments