This file summarizes the conceptual changes being made to VXL. It
should document API changes and deprecations, and other "large"
changes that have an effect on users. Bug fixes and minor changes
aren't documented here, unless the bug-fix has a major observable
effect. If you change something in VXL, please document it here.
VXL 1.4.0 - Jan 2006
- Added support for NITF image format v.2
VXL 1.3.0 - Oct 2005
- New vgl_sphere_3d primitive, and some extra intersection calculations.
- Added support for the Analyse 3D image file format
- VIL can now read NITF 2.1, NITF 2.0 and NSIF 1.0 image files. All uncompressed
data formats are supported and plugin support is provided for handling
JPEG 2000 compressed NITF files.
VXL 1.2.0 - July 2005
- Added an implementation of the Mukres or Hungarian algorithm for
finding a minimum cost assignment.
VXL 1.1.0 - May 2004
- Automated codec registration in vidl based on the approach of vil
file formats. vidl_io::register_codec() is no longer needed.
- Added AVI file support in Linux to vidl using the avifile library.
- Brought mbl_mz_random into core/vnl/vnl_random. This random
random number generator provides the same sequence on many platforms.
- Added better DICOM support to vil by wrapping DCMTK. Added
DCMTK to v3p. Clean up DICOM header struct.
- vil file format configuration is now stored in a generated
file (generated from vil_config.h.in)
- Added several options (e.g. BUILD_CORE_NUMERICS) to the CMakeBuild
tree to make it easy to build just small parts of VXL.
- vgel_kl (KLT feature point tracker) now accepts vil1 or vil2 images.
- Added vil_warp and vil_nearest_neighbour_interp functions
- Remove vcl_complex hackery on MSVC 6. vcl_complex is now the
standard <complex>, since it seems to work with VC6sp5.
- vnl_numeric_limits is deprecated in favour of vcl_numeric_limits.
(vnl_numeric_limits was written before vcl. vcl_numeric_limits is now
more robust, and can use platform defaults.)
- vbl_basic_tuple, vbl_basic_relation, etc. are deprecated since we have
no decent explanation of how to use them.
- VXL can now be compiled with Borland's bcc 5.5
- All the configure scripts have been rewritten in CMake. This should
mean less platform-specifc hacks, and easier porting to any new
platforms supported by CMake.
- VXL can now be compiled with MinGW (www.mingw.org). This can
be done using the -mno-cygwin option to gcc in Cygwin and
probably also with the basic MinGW tools as well.
VXL 1.0.0 - October 2003
- Support for MSVC 7
- Replaced "vil". The old "vil" is now called "vil1". "vil2" has been
renamed to "vil". See the vil chapter in the VXL book for details.
- vnl_matrix_fixed and vnl_vector_fixed upgraded to be fully space
- Many hundreds of small bug fixes and improved functionality in the
core and contributed libraries.
VXL 1.0 beta2 - September 2002
- CMake is now the default build system.
VXL 1.0 beta1 - November 2000
- The first official VXL beta release.
VXL 0.1 - February 2000
- The very first version of VXL, written from scratch (using pieces of
TargetJr) during an intensive coding week in Oxford.