If anyone has looked at Sonar today (http://vufind.org/sonar), you may have noticed that VuFind suddenly reached 100% code compliance. Alas, this is not because the code has been fixed but rather because Sonar's code analysis feature has broken. I have upgraded to a newer version of Sonar in an effort to fix the problems with unit testing... but rather than fixing unit testing, it simply broke code analysis as well! It appears that the PHP plugin developers are currently in the process of migrating to a better mechanism for analyzing code -- in the long term, I think this will be helpful, but in the short term it is probably causing trouble. I'm still working on this, and I'll send another note when things are fixed (though it may be a few days). In the meantime, my apologies for any weird things you may notice while playing with Sonar!
A new version of the Sonar PHP plug-in was released over the holidays. I have installed it on our continuous integration server, and Sonar is now offering slightly more detailed reporting than before:
I'm still unable to get PHPUnit to play nicely with Sonar, but since we have access to all of the unit testing details through Hudson anyway, I'm not too worried about it.
I also found a minor bug in the new Sonar plug-in which prevents me from specifying exclusions to the copy-and-paste detection, which results in some garbage in the reports. I have opened a ticket about this in the project's JIRA tracker, so hopefully they will take care of it sooner or later!
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.