I've got a patch file with the results of some of my experimentation
with using the full heading. It's based off the .7 release, not the
latest. It also needs to use the old import process, which I think
we're moving away from. I'll be updating it as the main trunk gets a
bit more stable. Right now it does a couple of things:
* normalizes and indexes the entire heading for the 100s.
* normalizes the 100s again in the full record display and passes
along this to web/services/Author/Home.php
* Author/Home.php uses this to retrieve books only with the same
normalized heading for the author list
* It also uses the above lists to get the titles and gets the two most
frequently used words in the title,
searches wikipedia for that, and then uses the first resulting
match that has the author's name in it.
This means Michael Jackson the beer writer might have something
like "Michael Jackson beer guide".
It's meant more a s a proof of concept, but it does seem to
improve the general flow. (More extensive testing is
needed to be sure of course).
Right now it doesn't display anything if no Wikipedia match is found,
which isn't probably the right thing to do. It should probably check
to see if a disambiguation page exists and link to that or show some
sort of warning.
I've been working a bit more on the related article rather than
polishing off a fully developed patch, but hopefully that can change.
If people want, I can share a draft of the article. I'll be putting
out a call in the general list in a day or two asking if there's
anyone with an experimental vufind that might not mind hosting an
instance of it with these patches. For now the screenshots will have
to do. If anyone here is interested in this, I'd be willing to help
out with them trying to implement it.
Oh, as I write this I realized I meant to do this patch release as two
separate patch files, the authornaf in one and the wikipedia one as an
additional one. I'll try to do that later today. I have my own svn
repository which I've been keeping track of code changes, haven't
merged with the latest 7.0 so I probably should do that tonight as