With a lot of help from Preetha, I’ve managed to get Selenium working on our continuous integration server.  We now have a platform for building integration tests of the VuFind application.

 

That’s the good news.  The bad news is that right now, it’s unbearably slow.  One simple test (loading a page and making sure that a button works) takes 10 MINUTES to execute.  I’ll work with Preetha to see if we can find a way to get this running faster.  In the meantime, if you’re interested in trying this out on your own test server, I have put together some instructions in the Wiki:

 

http://vufind.org/wiki/unit_tests#selenium

 

- Demian