Menu

Creating EPICS file for BACnet Revision 15 for BTL Certification Testing

Help
2019-10-01
2022-07-27
  • raghu devisetti

raghu devisetti - 2019-10-01

I need help in creating an EPICS file as per BACnet revision 15 for BTL Certification Testing. I created one EPICS file and got the folowing load errors ...

The following error occurred after I added "F, -- writeGroup" in protocol-services-supported property under device properties.... This service shall be mentioned as per the BACnet revision 15.

Please help me in fixing the errors or create a proper EPICS file.

EPICS Loaded:
    Vendor Name: Crestron Electronics, Inc
    Product Name: PRO3
    Product Model Number: PRO3
    Product Description: 3-Series Control System
    EPICS Consistency Errors:
    1) 135.1-2013 5.(e): Support for execution of the DeviceCommunicationControl application service is not consistent between the "BACnet Standard Application Services Supported" section and the Application_Services_Supported Property of the Device Object.
    2) 135.1-2013 5.(e): Support for execution of the ConfirmedPrivateTransfer application service is not consistent between the "BACnet Standard Application Services Supported" section and the Application_Services_Supported Property of the Device Object.
    3) 135.1-2013 5.(e): Support for execution of the I-Am application service is not consistent between the "BACnet Standard Application Services Supported" section and the Application_Services_Supported Property of the Device Object.
    4) 135.1-2013 5.(e): Support for execution of the I-Have application service is not consistent between the "BACnet Standard Application Services Supported" section and the Application_Services_Supported Property of the Device Object.
    5) 135.1-2013 5.(e): Support for execution of the UnconfirmedCOVNotification application service is not consistent between the "BACnet Standard Application Services Supported" section and the Application_Services_Supported Property of the Device Object.
    6) 135.1-2013 5.(e): Support for execution of the UnconfirmedEventNotification application service is not consistent between the "BACnet Standard Application Services Supported" section and the Application_Services_Supported Property of the Device Object.
    7) 135.1-2013 5.(e): Support for execution of the Who-Has application service is not consistent between the "BACnet Standard Application Services Supported" section and the Application_Services_Supported Property of the Device Object.
    8) 135.1-2013 5.(e): Support for execution of the ReadRange application service is not consistent between the "BACnet Standard Application Services Supported" section and the Application_Services_Supported Property of the Device Object.

• Tom Brennan

Tom Brennan - 2019-10-01

I think you'll need to show what you have for protocol-services-supported and BACnet Standard Application Services Supported; it seems to be complaining about a mismatch there.
    You can try various things with a text editor and see if you can make VTS any happier.
    And be aware that the latest-greatest features have not always made it into VTS; you might need to contribute that work.

• Denys Yakosenko

Denys Yakosenko - 2022-07-27

Who knows? How VTS determines what property are writable or what not?

• John Hartman

John Hartman - 2022-07-27

Your EPICS specifies which objects your test implementation has, what properties those objects have, and whether or not the properties are writable.

Please be aware that VTS has not been under active development for a long time. It supports almost nothing after protocol revision 12, and I don't think it supports everything in 12.

That said, it may still be useful in helping you debug your implementation