Menu

Very grateful to developers VTCL

Alex Bibik
2007-11-03
2013-05-08
  • Alex Bibik

Alex Bibik - 2007-11-03

I am engaged in development of the software on Visual TCL since 2003 and is very grateful to developers for creation such convenient and not difficult in learning of means of development of visual interfaces on TCL/Tk. In my opinion, Visual TCL - it is unique and has no worthy analogues (even at ActiveState). Unfortunately, in my opinion, this perspective project has actually stopped the development in 2003-08-18 (with an output of version Visual TCL 1.6.0). And still, I hope, that all these time difficulties will be adequately overcome also the project will successfully develop.

• Ken Parker

Ken Parker - 2007-11-07

Alex,
      Thank you for your interest in VTCL. The last release version 1.6.1a1 did fix alot of issues with VTCL. You should see a changelog that list all of the enhancements and fixes to that release. I was the lead developer for this project a couple of years ago but found a full time position in the industry and needed to focus on my work. I share your frustration with the speed of development and long periods of no releases. I wish I had more time on my hands to develop the project. You can help us out by adding to our bug requests, feature requests, and support requests. I do look at these from time to time. If you would like to help with the coding let us know and we could add you to our list of developers. You can also contribute by sending us patches for bugs or features. You would not need to be part of the development teem for this. Again, thanks for your input and intrest in VTCL.