How many are using vTCL

vtcl-user
2007-07-25
2013-05-08
  • MCrawford_TCL

MCrawford_TCL - 2007-07-25

Hi, Just discovered Visual TCL (yesterday!! and installed it on my ubuntu machine); I've been programming TCL for many years and just stumbled upon vTCL. I would like to know how many others are using it, so please chime in with maybe a blurb about the operating system you are currently running it on.

• Strykaas

Strykaas - 2007-11-01

Hello,

I am a Vtcl user for about a year now. I am running it on Windows 2000, Windows XP and Ubuntu 7.04.
      This tool is *very* promising, although plagued by some minor bugs here and there.
      Unfortunately, project activity and support is poor these days, and these bugs remain.

• Ken Parker

Ken Parker - 2007-11-10

I am working through all the bugs I can. If you see some that are not in the tracker let me know.

• seddah

seddah - 2008-04-06

this thread is a bit old but I'd like just to let you know that I've been using vtcl since june 98 to make a frontend for a unix nlp tool.
      Everytime I have to make a rapid prototype for something which have to be used by non programmer, i use vtcl.

It's such a pity it can't generate java code or perl-tk colde ;(

long lives vtcl :)

Djamé

• Alan Robson

Alan Robson - 2009-02-25

Apparently a LOT of people do use vTcl... but you wouldn't know it based on how many people have posted in this section.

vTcl is awesome!!

I just wish there was more documentation.

What would be nice is something that clearly explains what the various vTcl code does.

• Alexey Chupahin

Alexey Chupahin - 2009-06-11

I'm using it under OpenVMS
      BTW
      VTCL is not working correctly with 8.5.x branch

• Alexey Chupahin

Alexey Chupahin - 2009-06-15

I'm using it under OpenVMS
      BTW
      VTCL is not working correctly with 8.5.x branch

• Albert Vest

Albert Vest - 2009-09-03

> TCL is not working correctly with 8.5.x branch

I just experienced that under FreeBSD myself (next to OpenVMS, the second greatest OS on the planet ;-)).  The cure is to edit lib/tkcon.tcl to remove the "-exact" requirement for $tcl_version.

• Roman Tönshoff

Roman Tönshoff - 2009-09-05

This does not work. i now have the error:
        bad variable name "vTcl(w,opt,-background)": upvar won't create a scalar variable that looks like an array element
        when i start with a Toplevel-Window.

• John Hill

John Hill - 2011-02-12

…been using vtcl since 1998. keep maintaining and make an effort to include vtcl in the mainstream debian and ubuntu apt packages. VTcl is a worthy applicaion.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks