Menu

Running multiple bots on the same machine

Virii Game
Anonymous
2004-07-21
2013-04-08
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2004-07-21

i've been getting complaints from people who used play with robocode or robotbattle, and they really dont like the fact that virii clients can only load one bot at a time and you cant have multiple instances on the same pc. because the way the game has been designed, it would be very difficult to fix that, so instead, i propose a dedicated server with special map designed to allow people to test different aspects of their bots. i havent had the detailed ironed down yet, but tell me what you think.

• Simone Chiaretta

I don't think that a different battlefield would be the same as playing against other AI bots.
      But since directX map directly "moves" to keyboard press making Virii like robocode would be a too big change.
      Maybe you can do as with Terrarium:
      let people test thier bot inside different battleground, with moving target and "house bots" to battle against.
      And if it's possibile to choose "house bots" it would be like to optimal solution.

Simone

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2004-07-21

that's very close to what i have in mind. i want to set up test servers with speically designed maps. the maps can include elements like still and moving targets for tuning your targeting system, and maybe with house bots loaded on the server side, and just like the training mode in most of the games, bots will not die but the stats will be collected

• Nobody/Anonymous

You could always return to using Robocode :)

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2004-10-15

robocode is dead. get over it.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Robocode is far from dead, from the looks of it this is pretty dead. Not gonna thank us for your tank graphics?

We have quite a number of active people nad the number is back on the rise, and the main developer has dropped hints that work has begun on #2. Plus the number of active tools. The top ranks are once again in a power struggle and old names are popping back up, along with thier deadly deadly bots.