libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll was not found

Help
Tom
2009-12-20
2013-02-09
  • Tom

Tom - 2009-12-20

Hi,
    I have the QT by nokia installed, but the vs2008 one. do I need to install the mingcc one as well?
    Can I just get the required file, as the qt win mingw is quite big?
    File:qt-win-opensource-4.6.0-mingw.exe
    266700 KB
    01/12/2009
    10:48:00

Cheers,

Tom

• Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas

Sorry, I don't fully understand the problem. I've never used the vs2008 Qt version. I recommend you to try qt-sdk-win-opensource-2009.05.exe for only 270M, that includes everything: compiler, debugger, libraries and the QtCreator IDE. I don't recommend you mixing DLL files from here and there.

• Tom

Tom - 2009-12-20

I guess that I am getting the error;
    libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll not found when trying to start vmpk

• Tom

Tom - 2009-12-20

Hi,

That file qt-sdk-win-opensource-2009.05.exe is a 1.5GB install…

what do i need to get enough to run VMPK? is there just a runtime or something that  I can install?

Thanks,

Tom

• Tom

Tom - 2009-12-20

ok, well i downloaded one off the web and stuck it in the folder with the app file and its working now.

• Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas

I am not a soothsayer. You should start your query explaining something like this:

- "I am using Windows-XXXX (XP, Vista, 7) (32/64) bit."

There is people reading these forums and using Mac OSX or  Linux.

- "I want to XXXX (use / compile) the program."

These are different scenarios. If you start your query explaining that you have VS2008 installed, you are implying that you're a developer interested in compiling the program from sources.

- "I downloaded the setup program for Windows. It installed OK, but running VMPK throws the error message XXXXXX".

Okay, I forgot to include a DLL in the installer. Now there's an updated installer for Windows available in the files section, including the missing piece.

Hope this helps.