MIME capability of VMIME library.

Help
2011-07-26
2013-04-25
  • COPY Cédric

COPY Cédric - 2011-07-26

Hi there!
    I'm using VMime on a project atm, it works well for mail parsing, thanks for that nice library.

But i have another question about that lib, the website says that the lib can parse MIME messages, do you mean I can only parse MIME message from mail?

Because i have to parse some other MIME type (MSNMS use a bit of MIME for instance), and i thought about using this lib, but cant get how through the API,  but maybe it isn't the purpose of that lib.

My question is : is it possible or not? Create a custom parser won't be hard, but if i can reuse that could be great.

Thanks for reading!

• Vincent Richard

Vincent Richard - 2011-07-26

Hello,

As long as the format conforms to RFC-822 and MIME specifications, VMime will be able to parse it.

For example, VMime may be used to parse HTTP headers by using the vmime::header object. You may then process custom fields, which are treated as text (or register your own field type using vmime::headerFieldFactory).

However, I don't know about MSNMS, so I can't tell more.

Best regards,

Vincent

• COPY Cédric

COPY Cédric - 2011-07-26

Thank you for that quick answer.

I will take a look at vmime::header object, but in fact it won't be as usefull as i thought for my current case.
    One of the field that i want to get is just seperated with line return (like the body for SMTP), so i will make my own parser this time.

Anyway i may use it later, so that wasn't useless.

Thanks again for your library!

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks