Menu

New Mac VirtualT binary

2021-12-05
2021-12-09
  • Barry Nelson

Barry Nelson - 2021-12-05

I have a new binary available of version 1.7.1 (the .1 is my minor improvements) of the Mac version of VityualT. I have added sound supprt (it beeps) and got it to build on Mac OS X 10.13. It is available here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-IL1jNBXgaSIk0ik-dBfsD15J25pcsfH/view?usp=sharing

The method I used to get sound will probably work on Linux also, I am talking to a small independant program that uses the SDL sound libraries using a pipe. In addition to sound support, I also added looking for the VT Emulation folder in the home directory since looking in the documents folder was causing problems and cofusions for people who have their documents folder on iCloud.

• Keith Palmer

Keith Palmer - 2021-12-09

I tried out your version on macOS 11.6.1, and the shifted punctuation characters that just didn't work in my own build typed properly. I did notice, though, that when the emulator speed is set to 2.4 MHz the screen redraws very slowly with each new line of text, as it did when I was running the Windows version 1.7 via Wine. (Bumping the speed up to "Very CPU Friendly" makes things usable, if peppier than I recall the Model 100 actually being.) Even so, I do want to thank you for your work.