(ubuntu)make install error??

Help
2011-08-13
2013-11-26
  • vincentff7uestc

vincentff7uestc - 2011-08-13

g++ -O3 -m32 -L../linux/lib -static-libgcc -L/usr/X11R6/lib -shared -o ../linux/lib/librrfaker.so ../linux/obj/faker.o ../linux/obj/faker-sym.o ../linux/obj/pbwin.o ../linux/obj/glxvisual.o ../linux/obj/rrblitter.o ../linux/obj/rrdisplayclient.o ../linux/obj/rrplugin.o ../linux/obj/fakerconfig.o ../linux/obj/rrxvtrans.o -lrrutil -lfbx -lX11 -lXext -L/opt/libjpeg-turbo/lib32 -L/opt/libjpeg-turbo/lib -Wl,-Bstatic -lturbojpeg -Wl,-Bdynamic -lrrsocket -lpthread -lm -lXv -lfbxv -lGL \
    -Wl,-version-script,../linux/obj/faker-mapfile.E -ldl
    collect2: ld terminated with signal 11

I have followed the BUILDING.TXT  and "make" is OK. However, "make install" meets this errors??

THX!

• DRC

DRC - 2011-08-13

No idea.  Not sure why it's trying to run the linker during 'make install' or why the linker is seg faulting.  It seems like something system-specific.  If you'd post the full log file from running CMake, then make, then make install on a clean source tree, it might give some clues.

• vincentff7uestc

g++ -O3 -m32 -L../linux/lib -static-libgcc -L/usr/X11R6/lib -shared -o ../linux/lib/librrfaker.so ../linux/obj/faker.o ../linux/obj/faker-sym.o ../linux/obj/pbwin.o ../linux/obj/glxvisual.o ../linux/obj/rrblitter.o ../linux/obj/rrdisplayclient.o ../linux/obj/rrplugin.o ../linux/obj/fakerconfig.o ../linux/obj/rrxvtrans.o -lrrutil -lfbx -lX11 -lXext -L/opt/libjpeg-turbo/lib32 -L/opt/libjpeg-turbo/lib -Wl,-Bstatic -lturbojpeg -Wl,-Bdynamic -lrrsocket -lpthread -lm -lXv -lfbxv -lGL \ -Wl,-version-script,../linux/obj/faker-mapfile.E -ldl collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 I have followed the BUILDING.TXT and "make" is OK. However, "make install" meets this errors?? THX!

I did it again from the beginning. I find that the "collect2: ld terminated with signal 11"  error appears many times even in "make" procedure.

Any suggestions?

THX!

• DRC

DRC - 2011-08-13

If you aren't building from CVS HEAD, try that, as it uses a different build system.

As I said before, I can tell absolutely nothing from the output of a single line.  I would have to see the complete log to get a clue what's going on.  Even then, I suspect it's a problem with your system, not with VirtualGL.

• vincentff7uestc

I find that whenever the parameter "L../linux64/lib -static-libgcc -L/usr/X11R6/lib64"  appears, the error "collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 " comes out.

I think there may be sth. wrong in "/linux64/lib"  or "/usr/X11R6/lib64".

And I find that there isn't "/usr/X11R6" in my os, instead , there are "/usr/lib","/usr/lib32","/usr/lib64", so I ceate a soft link from "/usr/lib64" to "/usr/X11R6/lib64".

However, the same error appears again ,opps…..

Can you give me some suggestions?

THX!

FIY,  i am using Ubuntu 10.04 and is following the tutruai for linux in BUILDING.txt

• DRC

DRC - 2011-08-13

You haven't yet followed any of my previous suggestions, which are:

(a) try using the CMake build system in CVS HEAD, which does a better job of finding X11 paths for your system

(b) post the entire build log so I can look at it

• vincentff7uestc

vincentff7uestc - 2011-08-14

I used the cmake to build, and find out that my gcc has been broken.
    As you said before, it is the sth. system specific,gcc, to  be blame for it.

THX.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks