Help save net neutrality! Learn more.
Close

TurboVNC out of memory

2005-12-23
2013-11-26
  • Glenn M. Lewis

Glenn M. Lewis - 2005-12-23

Hi!  VirtualGL is exactly what I've been looking for over the last 10 years!!!  I don't have root priveledge at work, but hopefully will get cooperation from our admin group to get it installed for testing.

Meanwhile, TurboVNC rocks!  It is amazingly fast.  Unfortunately, though, if I try to use the viewer and connect it to a RealVNC server, it says that it ran out of memory and refuses to connnect, which is rather unfortunate.  As a result, I'm going to have to keep different flavors of VNC viewers on my machine to connect to others and to connect to my server (until I can get everyone at work to switch over to using TurboVNC as their server too).

Thanks for this excellent project!  I'm hoping to get up and running quickly!
    -- Glenn

• Glenn M. Lewis

Glenn M. Lewis - 2005-12-23

Ah!  I just noticed that I was running version 0.2, and was browsing around the project and found the mailing list and the notice that 0.3 has just been released (yesterday!)... so ignore my last message and I will try out the latest version... very exciting!!!  Keep up the awesome work!!!
      -- Glenn

• DRC

DRC - 2006-04-04

Sorry for the late reply to this -- I haven't been monitoring the forums like I should be.  Have you tried TightVNC to see if it exhibits the same failure?  TurboVNC is a fairly shameless hack of TightVNC, and unless the bug was introduced during my hacking, there may not be much I can do to fix it.  TurboVNC 0.2 is derived from TightVNC 1.2.9, and TurboVNC 0.3 is derived from TightVNC 1.3dev7.

-- Darrell