Password

Help
2006-12-14
2012-12-20
  • Tommy Yeomans

Tommy Yeomans - 2006-12-14

Hey Guys the software looks great, but I wasn't able to log in to the web admin page. What's the login and password?

• John Ellis

John Ellis - 2006-12-20

All the defaults (including various passwords) are outlined in the install notes ---> http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?group_id=149860&release_id=463372

It's best to refer to this document instead of reposting them here, mainly due to the potential for confusion between system/ui passwords.

• Tommy Yeomans

Tommy Yeomans - 2007-01-22

I gave it another try and installed the images again, still wrong username or password. I'm using the same one as in the how-to, but no dice. Is there anyway to disable the authentication or change the password? is it stored in MySQL?

• Tommy Yeomans

Tommy Yeomans - 2007-01-22

It must be giznad, right. I just read the updated how-to. I'll have to try it when I get back home.

• Tommy Yeomans

Tommy Yeomans - 2007-01-23

Still not working. Is there any way to change it?

• John Ellis

John Ellis - 2007-01-25

in the database, you can disable the requirement for authentication, then from the web interface you can re-enable it and set the user info before you restart the daemon.

or you can just paste a known hash value for your password into the user's password field in the database.

• Tommy Yeomans

Tommy Yeomans - 2007-01-25

Cool, thanks. I got the source working, now I'll try enabling authentication. Nice work!