Menu

watch folder OCR

Help
2018-01-28
2018-02-08
  • Rolf Kleiber

Rolf Kleiber - 2018-01-28

This is a really nice tool, and since you added the folder watch function, it's close to what I'm looking for. This option lets me fully automate my pdf OCR needs. Good work.
    To fully automate, it needs some more feature:
    It would be minimized to make it possible to start the tool. I tried to change your bat file start command, but it was ignored. I'm not familiar with java it's possible to add that feature from the program side?
    Same would be required to the opened batch conversion window.
    Actually I delete the files from the watch folder by scheduler. It would prefere an option inside the tool to delete the file after the process is finished.
    And then I was surprised to find a deskew option inside this tool. So it would be greate, if you could add this option to the watch folder, to deskew beforde OCR.
    Really great work.

• Quan Nguyen

Quan Nguyen - 2018-02-08

The program probably can be adapted to run as a system service, but that would be beyond the scope of the project.

The auto-deskew feature is being worked on. It will be available in both bulk and batch modes for both Java and .NET versions. The betas should be ready in a few weeks. So be sure to check back.

Thanks for the suggestions.