Menu

I cannot Create box files

Help
First Last
2017-02-07
2017-02-09
  • First Last

First Last - 2017-02-07

I want to make specific training data to use for sick leave forms and am trying to create the required files for it, but I am running into bugs.

After creating the box file and checking it I select the training method, "Train with Existing Box" or "Train from Scratch", the effect is the same, I always get this error:

The required file font_properties, frequent_word_list or word_list does not exist.

But all 3 files exist in the same directory as the tiff image and box file.

A second bug is that I cannot change the directory of the Tesseract executables, they are not at the path that was automatically chosen and the text cannot be changed, nor does the brows button actually do anything.
    And even whe I created this directory and copied all of tesseract into it, I keep getting the above mentioned error.

I tried version 1.0 and the 2.0 Beta version but it is the exact same in both.

I don't know if it makes a difference but the language is Geran (deu), though I don't think I am even yet at the stage where language matters.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro build 10586, 64bit.

Last edit: First Last 2017-02-07
  • Quan Nguyen

Quan Nguyen - 2017-02-08

Those files need to be prefixed with the language code (see samples\vie folder for example).

Tesseract executables points to the directory containing Tesseract executables. On Windows, it is preset to tesseract-ocr subdirectory.

• First Last

First Last - 2017-02-08

That is exactly what I did.
    deu.font_properties
    deu.frequent_word_list
    deu.word_list

• Quan Nguyen

Quan Nguyen - 2017-02-08

You have deu in the Language textbox on Trainer tab and specify the location of the files in Training Data textbox?

Last edit: Quan Nguyen 2017-02-08
  • First Last

First Last - 2017-02-09

yes

• Quan Nguyen

Quan Nguyen - 2017-02-10

Have you tried on the bundled sample?

• First Last

First Last - 2017-02-10

Yes, the exact same thing happens in both v 1.0 and the v2.0 beta. Also, this is unrelated to not being able to change the location of the tesseract executables.

• Quan Nguyen

Quan Nguyen - 2017-02-11

Sorry, we were unable to reproduce the issue. Since the training exe are bundled, you may consider following the Tesseract training wiki and doing it manually.

• Quan Nguyen

Quan Nguyen - 2017-02-23

Please try again with the latest versions, which have enhancements with regards to these required files.