jTessBoxEditor displays no main class found

Help
2018-08-30
2018-10-31
  • chandrasekar

chandrasekar - 2018-08-30

Hi Team,

I am trying to open jTessBoxEditor in ubuntu 17.10, with java 1.8

However when i try to execute java -Xms128m -Xmx1024m -jar jTessBoxEditor.jar

i get the error 'Error: Could not find or load main class net.sourceforge.tessboxeditor.JTessBoxEditor'

How should i go about it?

Regards
    Sekar

• Quan Nguyen

Quan Nguyen - 2018-08-30

Please use the train script to launch the program.

Last edit: Quan Nguyen 2018-08-30
  • chandrasekar

chandrasekar - 2018-08-31

Hi Quan,

I am trying to run train script from terminal but unsuccessfull. i get the below error

sh train
    Error: Could not find or load main class net.sourceforge.tessboxeditor.JTessBoxEditor

is there a particular manner in which i need to use it?
    and the slashes i observe are in windows style should it be changed to ubuntu?

Regards
    Sekar

Last edit: chandrasekar 2018-08-31
  • Quan Nguyen

Quan Nguyen - 2018-08-31

Did you use this script? It was written to execute on Linux. You would need to chmod it first to make it executable.

• chandrasekar

chandrasekar - 2018-09-03

i tried chmod but i get the same error, i am new to java, i am not sure what should the class path be set to?

• Quan Nguyen

Quan Nguyen - 2018-09-03

We confirm both the Main-Class and the Class-Path properties are properly set in the program's manifest; therefore, both launch methods should work -- we verified it on Ubuntu 18.04 with Oracle Java 8u181. Please download the latest version (2.0.1) and try again.

• Suk Ling

Suk Ling - 2018-10-29

Hi, can I know is it normal that I have the same problem as chandrasekar but I'm using raspberry pi 3B+ , java version 1.8, and I have the latest version of the jTessBoxEditor.
    However, I face the same problem as chandrasekar ( I have chmod the train file to 777). I could not run the bash file. Thanks

• Quan Nguyen

Quan Nguyen - 2018-10-31

@Suk, did you try both Swing and FX versions?

• Suk Ling

Suk Ling - 2018-10-31

when I try jTessBoxEditorFX.jar with the command 'java -jar jTessBoxEditorFX.jar' then it shows me
    'Error:Could not find or load main class net.sourceforge.tessboxeditor.jTessBoxEditor'

What is swing version? I didnt see anything have 'swing'

Im a student currently doing my project. Thank you :)

• Quan Nguyen

Quan Nguyen - 2018-10-31

We could not reproduce the problem; the command worked on both Windows and Ubuntu.

Please try jTessBoxEditor-2.2.0.zip, which is the Java Swing version.