Menu

how to start new project of my own with vs 2014

p ding
2017-05-02
2017-05-03
  • p ding

p ding - 2017-05-02

Dear professor:
    I have sucessfully compiled the package in win7 system with vs 2014 and CUDA 8.0.
    Coudl you please tell me how to start new project of my own. how to link the library.
    Regards

• Karl Rupp

Karl Rupp - 2017-05-02

Hi,
    you need to start a 'normal' CUDA project on VS 2014, e.g. as described here: http://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/cuda/6_5/rel/docs/CUDA_Getting_Started_Windows.pdf
    Then, go to your project settings and add the path to ViennaCL to your include directories. If you are unsure, you can look them up in the examples provided by ViennaCL. There should be no additional steps required.

(Keep in mind that your source files need to end in .cu so that the CUDA compiler parses the sources correctly.)

Best regards,
    Karli

• p ding

p ding - 2017-05-03

Thank you very much , it works.
    Could you plesase give me some information about the fuction used to solve a tridiagonal linear system,

• Karl Rupp

Karl Rupp - 2017-05-03

There is no dedicated direct solver implemented for tridiagonal systems. You can try any of the iterative solvers instead (CG if the system is symmetric positive definite, BiCGStab or GMRES in more general cases), but they may not be the most efficient. Still better than full LU factorizations, though.

• p ding

p ding - 2017-05-03

Error 42 error : namespace "boost::serialization" has no member "make_array" C:\boost\boost_1_64\include\boost\numeric\ublas\storage.hpp

Dear professor:
      I tried to use ublas to copy vector. but it give me the above error.
      I use boost 1.64 in win7 systems. and cmake with ublas was also sucesful.
      How to resolve this problems
      Regards