Video Rotation Garbled

Help
Romulous
2013-12-29
2014-08-07
  • Romulous

Romulous - 2013-12-29

Hi,

I've inserted the video rotation filter into a playing graph, and this is the output I see when I use 90 degrees, 270 degrees, or diagonally:
    http://i.imgur.com/4riVR5p.jpg

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what the problem may be?

If I use 180 degrees, vertical or horizontal, the video image shows fine - it is only 90, 270 or diagonally that cause the problem. Having said that, vertical doesn't actually seem to do anything (the video image does not change at all, but I will worry about that problem when I get this garbled image problem worked out).

Thanks!

• Ralf Globisch

Ralf Globisch - 2013-12-29

Hi,

In the past, when there have been issue, it has
    had something to do with stride. Sometimes I've
    seen issues with "unusual" video sizes.

In order to help you I need some more info about the source video:
    - media type going into the rotation filter
    - graph you are constructing if possible
    - width
    - height

I see it's a really short video too, any chance you can make the video available?

Cheers,
    Ralf

• Romulous

Romulous - 2013-12-29

Hi Ralf,

Sure - the clip is only about 32MB, and was obtained from here:
    http://www39.zippyshare.com/v/28485654/file.html

It was a clip posted to the Doom9 forums as a test clip specifically with a rotation flag in it. Pretty standard MP4 clip (H264 video, AAC audio).

Graph was basically LAV Splitter (v0.59.1), LAV Audio (v0.59.1), LAV Video (v0.59.1) and then LAV Video output to your rotation filter, which was then output to the Colour Space Converter filter that is included with Windows, which then outputs to the video renderer.

I tried all the standard DirectShow video renders - EVR (non-custom presenter, so the one that is installed with Windows), madVR, Haali's, and the three VMR9 renderers (Windowed, Windowless, Renderless). Video is 1280x720 I believe, but rotated onto its side - so the right way up, it would be 720x1280.

Thanks.

• Ralf Globisch

Ralf Globisch - 2014-02-28

Hi Romulous,
    Excuse the late reply, for some reason I'm not getting post notifications and I only saw your response now...

I will try to take a look soon next week when I have access to a Windows machine.

Cheers,
    Ralf

• Romulous

Romulous - 2014-08-07

Hi Ralf,

Thanks - I am not getting post notifications either, so I have only now (5+ months later) seen your response. Have you had a chance to look at this at all?

Regards.

Romulous