Menu

PS3

Help
Jimmy Evil
2009-11-08
2013-05-02
  • Jimmy Evil

Jimmy Evil - 2009-11-08

Slick app you've got going here. Love the interface and the promise of things to come. A couple of queries/suggestions -

I'm looking for a solution to convert an mkv with an h264 video stream to a high-bitrate full-HD PS3 compatible format that includes ac3 and/or dts audio (not vob), or, failing that, to convert h264 video within an mkv to ps3-compatible h264 high profile@ level 4.1 with 4 reframes (or less) and keep it within an MKV which can then be streamed to ps3 via ps3 media server (another great app btw)

Is it possible for you to include either a preset with these parameters or the ability to change these parameters myself in the next build? I'm having a great deal of trouble finding a way to do this within os x and I'm already liking what Video Monkey can do for AppleTV and iTunes. I'm not quite at the level where I completely understand the ins and outs of the coding, only the parameters that I need to get it to work for me.

I know it sounds quite specific and there are other priorities, but even opening up the ability to change some parameters myself would be of great benefit.

Cheers

• Chris Tomkinson

Chris Tomkinson - 2010-01-03

Well I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but VisualHub (the program VideoMonkey is based on) will convert MKVs to play on PS3s just fine. That's how I do all of my media watching. If you need subtitles from the MKV to be included in the resulting file you will need to use a program called MKVTools (http://www.emmgunn.com/) for that. It doesn't always work perfectly but there are enough changeable settings that I've always beaten the format in the end.

I would love for VideoMonkey to add some additional MKV support, but for the time being looks like we're stuck where we're at.

Hope this helps!