Menu

AtomicParsley adds random metadata

Help
Alex Kosh
2009-11-05
2013-05-02
  • Alex Kosh

Alex Kosh - 2009-11-05

Not sure what's going on here, but VideoMonkey correctly invokes ffmpeg to convert a file, but when it invokes AtomicParsley the command line is full of random stuff that appears to have come from some other file. It's incorrectly marked as a TV show, plus the title and description are totally random.

Command to execute:
             AtomicParsley "/Users/vorlon/Desktop/Rosemary3.mp4" -W  -tracknum "-" -albumArtist "" -copyright "" -stik "TV Show" -genre "" -TVSeasonNum "-" -title "" -description "" -TVEpisode "" -advisory "" -TVEpisodeNum "-" -TVNetwork "ABC" -contentRating "" -year "" -disk "" -description "Dramedy about a struggling singer/songwriter overcoming the odds to find love and make it big in New York City. " -album "" -TVShowName "Introducing Lennie Rose" -artist "" -encodingTool "" -comment "" -artwork REMOVE_ALL

• Chris Marrin

Chris Marrin - 2009-11-06

Yeah, unfortunately, it probably searched thetvdb.com and found a show that matched the filename and automatically inserted those values. For the next release I plan on doing two things. First, I will make searching for metadata opt-in. There will be buttons on the metadata panel to search for metadata in the current file or in all files. Maybe I will even add a checkbox to allow auto-search to be turned back on.

Second I will add a menu item to the metadata panel's gear menu to allow you to clear all the metadata. You can already force VM all files back to their original input values ("Use all input values for all files").

• Alex Kosh

Alex Kosh - 2009-11-06

Thanks.  I suspected it might be the result of something like a hash collision on the search, since I didn't know how those sites store file metadata. It would be lovely if all the metadata stuff (including running AtomicParsley at all) was completely optional.  Cheers!