Menu

Failed Conversions Due to Location

Help
Arizoney
2009-10-14
2013-05-02
  • Arizoney

Arizoney - 2009-10-14

Just a heads up. VideoMonkey gets a little squirrely if you don't drop it straight into the applications folder. I had mine inside a sub-folder within applications and it returned an error 126 on every video I tried to covert.

Moving the application out of the sub-folder fixed the problem.

• Chris Marrin

Chris Marrin - 2009-10-14

Hmmm, I'd be interested in understanding more about your problem. I have always placed VM in a subfolder of Applications so I can keep that folder in the dock to access it and similar apps. I've never had any problems.

Can you try putting it into a subfolder again and sending me the console output?

I wonder if it has something to do with the output folder. Do you have a specific output folder set, or do you just use the default (put the output file in the same folder as the input file)? I can imagine that if you have a folder set and then move VM that it might have the wrong path or something like that.

• Arizoney

Arizoney - 2009-10-17

Alright, I managed to reproduce the error, though I think it might have had more to do with user bungling than I thought before.

I moved the program back into the sub folder and ran it on a file without any noticeable problems. Then I got a hair up my backside and dropped it within a new, deeper sub-folder **while it was still running**. Yeah go me…
    So here's the error output

============================================================================
    Begin transcode: Futurama - S01E01 - Space Pilot 3000 .avi -> Futurama - S01E01 - Space Pilot 3000 .mp4

Command to execute:
             ffmpeg -y -i "/Users/CDF/Documents/Downloads/Torrents/futurama/Futurama - Season 1/Futurama - S01E01 - Space Pilot 3000 .avi" -vcodec libx264 -b 1500000 -s 640x480 -aspect 640:480 -r 25 -async 50 -acodec libfaac -ab 128000 -ar 48000 -ac 2 -vpre hq -bf 0 -coder 0 -flags2 -wpred-dct8x8 "/Users/CDF/Documents/Downloads/Torrents/futurama/Futurama - Season 1/Futurama - S01E01 - Space Pilot 3000 .mp4"

Command to execute:
             AtomicParsley "/Users/CDF/Documents/Downloads/Torrents/futurama/Futurama - Season 1/Futurama - S01E01 - Space Pilot 3000 .mp4" -W  -tracknum "1" -albumArtist "" -copyright "" -stik "TV Show" -genre "" -TVSeasonNum "1" -title "Space Pilot 3000" -description "Deleted for brevity" -TVEpisode "1ACV01" -advisory "" -TVEpisodeNum "1" -TVNetwork "FOX" -contentRating "TV-PG" -year "1999-03-28" -disk "" -description "-deleted for brevity" -album "" -TVShowName "Futurama" -artist "" -encodingTool "" -comment "" -artwork REMOVE_ALL -artwork /tmp/AtomicParlsleyArtwork_0x2fa9e0_0.jpg

-> /bin/sh: /Applications/Media/VideoMonkey.app/Contents/Resources/bin/ffmpeg: No such file or directory
         -> /bin/sh: /Applications/Media/VideoMonkey.app/Contents/Resources/bin/AtomicParsley: No such file or directory
    FAILED with error code: 127

A simple shutdown and restart clears the problem now, but I could swear it didn't before.

• Arizoney

Arizoney - 2009-10-17

Oh, and to the question you posed which I forgot to answer: I have it set to output to the same folder the input came from. So you were right about it grabbing the wrong path.

• Chris Marrin

Chris Marrin - 2009-10-17

Yeah, I'm not sure what I could do about that. The resources path is set at startup and there is no way for me to know where things had been moved. I think this is a case of "don't do that" :-)

• Arizoney

Arizoney - 2009-10-17

Yeah, I'd be inclined to agree with you there.

Thanks for the quick reply, and the interest. I'm loving using this software, /especially/ the metadata. I was looking up and inputting all that by hand previously.

Incidentally, where the the "donation" money-hole? I don't have much but I'd like to at least drop a couple of bucks your way as thanks and encouragement for this project.

• Chris Marrin

Chris Marrin - 2009-10-17

Always happy to point out the donation button :-)

Go to the front page:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/videomonkey/

and it's on the right side, near the top

• Patrick Benner

Patrick Benner - 2010-01-14

I've noticed that the bug only rears it's head when the subfolder inside Applications is more than 1 word long…and the folder name isn't 'Video'. So, I renamed my subfolder from 'Video Apps' to 'VideoApps' and now VM runs just find from there. Otherwise I would always get an Error 127 .

• Chris Marrin

Chris Marrin - 2010-01-14

Ok, that makes it a little more clear. The problem probably has to do with the path of one of the tools, which gets passed to NSTask for execution. I will look into it.