Menu

iPad support

sweet leaf
2010-04-29
2013-05-02
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • sweet leaf

sweet leaf - 2010-04-29

Will there be a seperate encoding option for the iPad?

• MKULTRA

MKULTRA - 2010-05-04

I'm also interested in this feature. The Apple TV option works very well for 720p avi files to convert for the iPad, with the sole drawback that it's bumping them down to 24fps rather than the original 29.97fps that the file comes in… unless there's a way to stop VM from changing the frame rates?

I wouldn't complain, but the frame downsampling is causing some slight jittering/blurring. It's pretty noticeable when you view the source and target side by side.

And hey!, thanks for developing VM! It's great!

• Steve Streeting

Steve Streeting - 2010-06-16

I'm interested in this too, is there anything currently in progress?

If not, I might have a crack at adding it since I've built the source locally already.

• Enrique Ballarin

Hi
    I am not the programmer of VM, but i checked this, and it's possible with a few of work. The only problem is that I do not have and ipad and cannot check if the generated videos works well.
    A look of my modified vm

• Willem Bunk

Willem Bunk - 2010-07-23

hi kikeland68.

can you share the data with me? i can try these settings.

• Enrique Ballarin

Of course, but for make the test solicited by vdrover, the changes are implemented only in the spanish version. Let me a few days to make these changes to the english version (i do not have many time to dedicate to this project)
    Best regards

• sweet leaf

sweet leaf - 2010-07-25

I can definitely test this.

On an unrelated note, is video monkey development now dead?

• Enrique Ballarin

I cannot respond that. Watching the source code in svc, I believe that no, but I am certainly the official programmer does not have many free time.  I have offered myself to collaborate, but i not have yet received answer.
    Another thing, sorry for my bad english because  is not my native language

• sweet leaf

sweet leaf - 2010-07-25

Your english is fine, trust me :)

Looking forward to your next build.

• Enrique Ballarin

This is my modified videomonkey with ipad suport.
    REMEMBER. This is not a official release.
    Download the dmg, and you can replace the commands.xml in the original file, or try the complete modified application. This app have spanish language support (90% translated at this moment).
    Let me know for problems, and REMEMBER AGAIN, this is not a official release. I do not assume possible malfunction of the software.
    This is a screenshot of the app

The link to download the modified app is: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2446AI2T

• Willem Bunk

Willem Bunk - 2010-07-26

Hi kikeland68.

Thanks for the input.
    first of all, your english is not bad, i'm from holland and my english is sometimes like crap ;)
    second, i have tested the new version of commands.xml and the movie runs perfect on the iPad at 720p
    later on this day is will do some tests with high and low quality at 1024x768.
    but right now there are no problems. i will get back this afternoon on the other tests.

greets ;)

• Roopesh Sheth

Roopesh Sheth - 2010-07-27

I'm trying it out right now.  Thank you for the support!

• sweet leaf

sweet leaf - 2010-07-27

I'm testing the beta build also.

• Roopesh Sheth

Roopesh Sheth - 2010-07-27

Seems like it's working really well.  It's also using more of my CPU (8 cores).  I only copied commands.xml and tinyiPad.png (otherwise you get an error on startup) to my existing VideoMonkey app.

I would love to get a snow leopard (ie 64bit) ffmpeg included.  I'm trying to track down all the needed libs and it's a pain :)

• sweet leaf

sweet leaf - 2010-07-27

I have loaded a test video for iPad conversion. When i use the "info" button at the top to look at the output settings, i notice that the output listed is always 1280 no matter if i selected 1024 and 1280 in the iPad settings. Is this a display error or is this beta only making one size video?

• Enrique Ballarin

Ok. Let me check this

• Enrique Ballarin

The problem are in the commands.xml file.
    Replace the old commands.xml with the new version (Right click  in videomonkey - Open package - Contents - Resources for the original videomonkey, or Right click  in videomonkey - Open package - Contents - Resources - English.lproj for the modified videomonkey).
    Works fine for me.

Link to download the new commands.xml: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7DCQ8KT4

• Enrique Ballarin

roopeshsheth, please, let me know if you make a work copy of ffmpeg with multicore support.
    Best regards

• Roopesh Sheth

Roopesh Sheth - 2010-07-29

Here is ffmpeg with 64-bit and pthreads: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SKW02CGX

• Enrique Ballarin

Many many thanks.
    I go to check in VM.

• Enrique Ballarin

Hi,
    if someone want to check the ffmpeg, remember change the permissions of the file to make it runnable before replace the ffmpeg of the VM. To make this: Open the terminal, and type "chmod +x path_to_the_downloaded_ffmpeg/ffmpeg"

• sweet leaf

sweet leaf - 2010-08-01

My iPad testing went excellent. I started with a 720 copy of Coraline. I up-scaled using the new iPad options to to 1024 and 1280 using the "Go Nuts" feature. In both cases, a 3.8GB file was created, but at the appropriate dimensions (see files details here: http://drop.io/k278yv1 ).

Both played great on my ipad and screenshots from a similar part of the film were comparable (see screenshots above).

BOOYA!

• Sharkdog

Sharkdog - 2010-08-01

I'm trying to get this to work.
    I've downloaded the modified videomonkey, and I'm trying to add the new compile of ffmpeg that was posted here as well. The modified videomonkey works with the supplied ffmpeg.
    I've done the suggested chmod to the ffmpeg compile, and then put that in the Resources/Bin inside the package. When that's done and I try to run a process, I get this error:

Begin transcode: Justified1.avi -> Justified1.mp4

Command to execute:
             ffmpeg -threads 2 -y -i "/Users/Sharkdog/Downloads/Finished Unsorted/Justified1.avi" -vcodec libx264 -b 500000 -s 480x272 -aspect 480:272 -r 23.976 -async 50 -acodec libfaac -ab 128000 -ar 48000 -ac 2 -threads 0 -vpre fastest -bf 0 -coder 0 -flags2 -wpred-dct8x8 "/Users/Sharkdog/Desktop/Justified1.mp4"

-> dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libfaac.0.dylib
         ->   Referenced from: /Applications/Video/VideoMonkeyModified.app/Contents/Resources/bin/ffmpeg
         ->   Reason: image not found

Command to execute:
             AtomicParsley "/Users/Sharkdog/Desktop/Justified1.mp4" -W  -tracknum "" -albumArtist "" -copyright "" -stik "" -genre "" -TVSeasonNum "" -title "" -description "" -TVEpisode "" -advisory "" -TVEpisodeNum "" -TVNetwork "" -contentRating "" -year "" -disk "" -description "" -album "" -TVShowName "" -artist "" -encodingTool "" -comment "" -artwork REMOVE_ALL

-> AtomicParsley error: can't open /Users/Sharkdog/Desktop/Justified1.mp4 for reading: No such file or directory
         -> AP error trying to fopen: No such file or directory
    FAILED with error code: 1

Frankly, I'm not too savvy on terminal things, but it seems to be a failure of Atomic Parsley and not ffmpeg? The chmod on ffmpeg seems to have worked, because the icon has changed to be the executable file.
    Any clues?

• Enrique Ballarin

Hi,
    the error are in ffmpeg.

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libfaac.0.dylib

The ffmpeg try to open a library wath not exist in your computer (this is because the library needed by ffmpeg are dynamic and it's not embeded in the executable). After this, AtomicParsley fails because the file it's not created

AP error trying to fopen: No such file or directory

It's necessary recompile the ffmpeg.
    Best regards

• Roopesh Sheth

Roopesh Sheth - 2010-08-02

Sorry, I thought I had compiled ffmpeg statically.  I'm not sure what else to do to make a redistributable ffmpeg.

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)