#6 Auth in config time doesnt work for external nor internal db

pending
nobody
None
5
2011-11-08
2011-11-02
txomon
No

Hi,

I have been trying to configure VFront for using database auth, in the same database it has to admin. Testing connection doesn't work, and as it doesn't work, I can't install VFront. I have tryed with the last version, 0.96c at the moment of writting this.

I am looking forward to your reply, and I will put this issue in the forum.

I don't know if the bug might be supposed to be due to that VFront I configured it to use SQLite, but in theory, is should be independent.

I attach a screenshot with the config

Discussion

  • txomon

    txomon - 2011-11-02

    Configuration

     
  • Marcello Verona

    Marcello Verona - 2011-11-03

    I think the bug can be in sha1.
    Can you do a test with (for example) md5?

     
  • txomon

    txomon - 2011-11-03

    Neither works, I tryed all configs, but not working. I think its what that button does, I have recorded a trace and it seems it connects to the server, and recalculates the layout...

    Using chrome for debugging

     
  • txomon

    txomon - 2011-11-06

    I have been checking the code, and I noticed that the way to check if that db exists, is to make a select query. As I have it empty, it very posible that it is the reason for the failure. I am going to fill it up, and will tell you what happens.

     
  • txomon

    txomon - 2011-11-07

    Seems that the mentioned idea was not the problem...

     
  • txomon

    txomon - 2011-11-07

    I have been hacking a little with the code, and I found that it crashes in line:

    $test_conn = @$vmsql->connect($db2) or die($msg_error_conn);

    and that die() function doesn't display any message (that is why I didn't had any feedback when pressing the button)

    That line is located in _install/rpc.testext.php inside the mysql if.

    Hope it helps, and loooking forward your answer

     
  • txomon

    txomon - 2011-11-08

    I have been checking out all the "·$$% code, and finally I think I found the bug. vmsql doesnt exist.

    The code relies on inc/conn.php for everything, but at install time, conn.php is not used, more over, when you check the real database, you don't use it, you use a simple mysql connection.

    So I have thought about a fix, and I would like to submit it to you. It is basically to create vmsql object at the beggining of each block

     
  • txomon

    txomon - 2011-11-08

    patch that solves the bug for version 0.96 of the code ( the downloadable one)

     
  • txomon

    txomon - 2011-11-08
    • status: open --> pending
     
  • txomon

    txomon - 2011-11-08

    I have submited a patch. I mark the bug as pending to be accepted the patch. Hope you can apply it correctly.

     

Log in to post a comment.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:





No, thanks