Menu

How to make your parts/templates available to others

2020-02-15
2020-03-27
  • Alex Lawrow

Alex Lawrow - 2020-02-15

You may have found that VeroRoute does not have a part or symbol that you need, and so you defined your own using the component editor and added it to your part templates.
    Or you may have simply added a part like a 2N3904 transistor to your templates, to save you from using a generic TO-92 package and setting its "Value" field each time.

The purpose of this board is to allow users to share their part templates with each other. To do this:

1) Start with an empty grid, and add the parts you want to share to it.
    2) Save the "layout"as a VRT file.
    3) Post a message on this forum saying you have parts for sharing, provide a description of what you are sharing, and add the VRT as an attachment.

To import someone else's shared templates:

1) Download the VRT.
    2) Use the "Add from VRT" option in the Templates Dialog to import the parts, or if you want more control over the process, load the VRT to see what parts are in it, removing any parts you do not want, and then use the "Add from current circuit" option in the Templates Dialog.

For part requests, post a message here too.

If we get a large enough library of parts built, I will use the posts here (or at least a link to them) to make it easier to get a large set of parts provided with VeroRoute by default.

Last edit: Alex Lawrow 2020-02-15
  • MichaelAndersson

I use this for potentiometers on the back of vero boards for making stomp-boxes, very basic as I don't know what I am doing. If someone can fixx it so just the pins are used but jumpers can still use the spaces inbetween would be great, and maybe show the orientation of the pot ?

• MichaelAndersson

J201 transistor

• MichaelAndersson

This is how it looks when I use potentiometers in my layouts.