Menu

java.io.EOFException subreport

Help
2006-05-12
2013-03-07
  • Thomas Ludwig Kast

hi -

new thread for this - let's not add full jrxml contents because the threads (below) are getting hard to read.

please also send SQL inserts (data) which support the tables and these default param values:

<parameter name="eta_rne" class="java.lang.String">
            <defaultValueExpression><![CDATA[new String("0450064A")]]></defaultValueExpression>
        </parameter>
        <parameter name="annee" class="java.lang.String">
            <defaultValueExpression><![CDATA[new String("2003")]]></defaultValueExpression>
        </parameter>

thanks!

tom

• Thomas Ludwig Kast

(send SQL as attachment to tomkast@yahoo.com)

• Thomas Ludwig Kast

hi,

works fine in ussrp 0.1.1.  here is the tag that i am using from LP.jrxml (note the subreport fiches_lp_BEP.jrxml has a PK of 32 in my ussrp DB):

<subreport  isUsingCache="true">
      <reportElement
      mode="Transparent"
      x="5"
      y="28"
      width="111"
      height="33"
      forecolor="#000000"
      backcolor="#FFFFFF"
      key="subreport-1"
      stretchType="NoStretch"
      positionType="FixRelativeToTop"
      isPrintRepeatedValues="true"
      isRemoveLineWhenBlank="true"
      isPrintInFirstWholeBand="false"
      isPrintWhenDetailOverflows="false"/>
      <subreportParameter  name="annee">
      <subreportParameterExpression><![CDATA[$F{année d'observation}]]></subreportParameterExpression>
      </subreportParameter>
      <subreportParameter  name="eta_rne">
      <subreportParameterExpression><![CDATA[$F{numéro de l'établissement}]]></subreportParameterExpression>
      </subreportParameter>
      <connectionExpression><![CDATA[new net.sf.ussrp.bus.ReportManager().getReport(32).getReportDataSource().getConnection()]]></connectionExpression>
      <subreportExpression  class="net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperReport"><![CDATA[new net.sf.ussrp.bus.ReportManager().getReport(32).getJasperReport()]]></subreportExpression>
      </subreport>

tom

• Thomas Ludwig Kast

if the tag (above) does nto work, a good next step in debugging would be for you to get ussrp 0.1.1 and validate that it works. 

then we can go through the changes that you have made in your custom version of ussrp with the 0.1.1 code base.

tom

• eric

eric - 2006-05-17

Hi Tom,

reports are OK with ussrp 0.1.1 version.

Changes i made from ur version are :
      - adding a very simple security layer allowing preventing everyone to view some restricted reports
      - few changes to webapp
      - PDF report concatenation

I'm going to search differences but i don't see where i should search for differences.

I noticed no differences in WEB-INF/lib directory compare to 0.1.1 version.

ERIC

• Thomas Ludwig Kast

start with a diff of:
        net.sf.ussrp.bus.Report and
        net.sf.ussrp.web.servlets.ReportUploadServlet

see if updating these classes fixes it.  if not, try replacing CachingReportViewController with the new architecture which uses three files:

net.sf.ussrp.web.CachingReportViewController
        net.sf.ussrp.web.MultiReportViewController
        net.sf.ussrp.web.WebReportRunner

another approach would be to add your security layer to ussrp which could be a good alternative... 0.1.1 has the report concatenation...

tom

• eric

eric - 2006-05-23

Tom,

I don't know if our security layer is a good option for ussrp.

The solution i choosed is based on protecting urls begining with consult/restricted where restricted reports are visible.
      I added a flag in the reports table to retrieve restricted reports.

These URLS are protected via an Apacahe Front Webserver with a mod_auth_mysql module pointing over a MYSQL table.
      This was the quicker solution for us but not the best for ussrp (as for me).

What is ur opinion ?

Eric