Menu

Problems and Questions

jofreder
2005-03-18
2013-04-11
  • jofreder

jofreder - 2005-03-18

After logging in I only get this admin page there are no links or butons to take me anywhere else. I can manually type the url to the MainMenu page but get an error when clicking link to new user story.

Server Error in '/UserStory' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       rq.UserStoryHeader.set_SelectedRelease(Int32 value) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\rq\userstoryheader.ascx.cs:238
       rq.UserStoryHeader.Page_PreRender(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\rq\userstoryheader.ascx.cs:57
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
       System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

• Norman Paterson

Norman Paterson - 2006-01-15

I too, had this error. I remarked out the offending line in UserStoryHeader.ascx.cs and the page displayed with a different error which stated to run 'aspnet_regiss -c' which I ran in the dos command line, and I also removed the comment from the line I had modified. The system works properly. This command installs javascript validation functions that are required for this page.

• Ira Smith

Ira Smith - 2006-04-30

I am curious to know something about the portion of your solution where you run aspnet_regiis -c.

My configuration is a Windows 2003 Standard Edition server running MS SQL 2000.  A second server running the Windows 2003 Web Server version and contains IIS6.  I have both 1.1 and 2.0 .NET installed on the web server because I have applications on the server that use one or the other versions of .NET.

Would running the aspnet_regiis -c command affect all of my web applications on the web server or would it just affect only this particular application?

Thanks,
      Ira