Ok, here we are. uml_moo was not portable to 64-bit AMD for some portability
1) I fixed bug one, SIGFPE at startup of uml_moo or at boot of UML kernel
("Kernel mode signal 8"), time ago. The resulting binary completed the merge,
but the results were wrong, compared with the results from a 32-bit binary.
The SIGFPE bug at boot meant another issue too - 64-bit binaries of uml_mkcow
and of kernel binaries use a different format than 32-bit ones.
2) Today I discovered the 2nd bug, tested the result, and got everything
working - it produced the correct results even on a 500Mb UBD with a 270 Mb
COW file (I had done a dist-upgrade with months of security updates).
This second bug, luckily, doesn't affect the kernel - otherwise 64-bit kernel
would have corrupted data in COW files.
After refining the code and preparing for release, I'll publish the complete
fixes, and a new uml-utilities release. I expect to do this in this week.
Inform me of my mistakes, so I can keep imitating Homer Simpson's "Doh!".
Paolo Giarrusso, aka Blaisorblade (Skype ID "PaoloGiarrusso", ICQ 215621894)
Yahoo! Messenger with Voice: chiama da PC a telefono a tariffe esclusive
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.