Input and output

Help
2010-09-21
2013-04-29
  • Andrés Vigil

Andrés Vigil - 2010-09-21

Hello,

I am working in a small project where I use this software.
    Now I am trying to send some commands from my program to the USE console. I am working in a C# programm, and I am not able to do that. Is it possible, for example, to send any parameter when I create the process executin the "use.bat" file?

And the second thing where I need help is that I would like to know if there is any possibility to redirect the output of USE to a log file for example, becouse I would like to process the USE results in my programm.

I hope you can help me.

Best regards,
    Andrés Vigil

• Lars Hamann

Lars Hamann - 2010-09-23

Hi Andrés,

ist is possible to call the batch file with arguments. Call use.bat .h to get the whole options.

USE has no option for a log file. We use pipe operators for regression tests to write to files. Another option may be to redirect the output of the instanciated proccess in your C# program. Maybe this could also work for the input to USE.

Regards,

Lars

• Lars Hamann

Lars Hamann - 2010-09-23

It is use.bat -h

Sorry
    Lars

• Andrés Vigil

Andrés Vigil - 2010-09-23

Hi,

thank you so much. I had tried to redirect the output, but I had some problems. Now I have fixed them.
    And calling use.bat -h helped me so much also.
    Now I am working as I wanted. I am working in a project that could be interesting for you and for more people that use your system USE. When I have some good thinks to publicate, I would like to share in this foro the link to the webpage of my project.

Best regards,
    Andrés