P2AT Angle Problem

2009-11-19
2012-12-14
  • Jawad Rashid

Jawad Rashid - 2009-11-19

I am currently involved in research involving robotic imitation. We are using usarsim as the environment and player as the controller. I spawn p2at and p2dx using player on usarsim. P2dx runs fine but i have noticed that while running p2at whenever i give command for rotation for example rotation of 360 at the end of the rotation there a error and it does not reach to its original orientation and continously changing the angle keeps accumalates the error. One simple experiment to confirm this i used the Soccer Map and from initial position command to go to 1.5 0 and then rotate and go to -1.5 0 it didn't went straight and the angle it was showing 180 was actually around 210-220. And after few of these commands when i ask it to go to 0, 0 there is a significant change in x, y position and angle is showing wrong values. Basically there are around variation of 2 units in x and y after all the commands most of the time. This problem does not seem to occur with p2dx. I would also like to note that there is no collisions between these commands. The problem seems to be with angle i.e. it does not go to the angle given and that affects x and y position calculations. Can  anybody help me?

• Stephen Balakirsky

Answer provided in help forum. Please only send posts to a single forum.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks