Menu

Cisco Valet v. PortMapper-1.9.5 under Raspbian OS

Help
Ira Finch
2015-05-17
2015-05-17
  • Ira Finch

Ira Finch - 2015-05-17

I'm running PortMapper-1.9.5 under Raspbian OS against a Cisco Valet M20 router. UPnP is enabled and set to 'user modifiable' in the router.

The default SBBI class locks up PortMapper when trying to map ports against this router forcing a reboot the router before it will accept UPnP commands again.

The WeUPnP class reports successful port mapping, but none of the ports show Open with external port testing tools. Only when we open the ports through the router's web interface do the port forwards actually work.

Valet vendorFirmware = POSIX UPnP/1.0 linux/5.20.61.0

I'd love to be able to test PortMapper 2.0 against this router, but it does not work at all under Rasbian OS. It's unable to find any routers at all - not matter what router its connected to.

PortMapper 1.9.5 works great under Raspbian OS against LinkSys E900, WRT110, EA4500, Google Fiber Network Box, etc., but can't actually map ports on the Valet M20 router.

Is this a known issue with the Valet router?
    Is there another setting I'm missing in this router to enable UPnP mappings?
    Can/will PortMapper 2.0 run under Raspbian and find routers?
    Is there something else I can try with v1.9.5?

Thanks.

• Christoph

Christoph - 2015-05-17

Hi Ira,

thanks for your report. I am sorry, but I can't help you there :-/
    If your router locks up it looks like a buggy UPnP implementation in your router.
    Regarding Raspian i also received some issues that it does not work. Which JVM (vendor and version, see java -version) are you using? I will try to investigate this but can't promise when I will have time for this.

Christoph.

• Ira Finch

Ira Finch - 2015-05-17

java version "1.8.0"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0-b132)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.0-b70, mixed mode)

Supposed to be the lastest/greatest on Rasbian

Thanks.