Cool youtube functions to have

2011-04-01
2013-04-10
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hi,

thanks for the recent update, youtube is working again. I have a few suggestions though.

1. user can login and access youtube subscription directly via the player,
    2. add support to youtube playlist,
    3 play youtube video by open>URL.

These functions would be great to add in the future. keep up the good work.

• Ori Rejwan

Ori Rejwan - 2011-04-02

Thanks for the feedback; your suggestions are actually a lot harder then you think, and our to-do list is already a mile high, so unfortunately I don't expect us to be able to accommodate your needs in the next few months, sorry.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hello,
    thanks for developing UMPlayer. In a short time it has become my favourite video player.

I have read above that You do not plan to add nothing to Youtube functions, but there is one thing cuts the Youtube function a lot - PLAYLIST - Would it be so hard to add the option to add the selected Youtube video to a playlist? Please note, I am not talking about logging into the Youtube account, and using that playlist, but simply (I hope :) ) adding the videos I have searched for to a UMPlayer's playlist, so that I can watch two or more videos in a row.

Thanks a lot for an answer.

Tomas Kaluza

• Ori Rejwan

Ori Rejwan - 2011-05-04

Hi Tomas,

Thanks for your feedback, we will take your request into consideration, it's not that we're done improving UMP we're just too busy trying to fix all the reported bugs and only after we fix them all we will have time to move on to feature enhancements (such as adding YouTube playlist).

Best-
    Ori

PS. I did try to incorporate this functionality in the first release but found it was a lot harder than originality thought and would require over hulling the entire playlist code, so even such a small feature enhancement can cause havoc in the entire code.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hello Ori,
    thanks for the quick reply, although it did not make me happy :) Well,  I cannot imagine how difficult it would be, that is correct.
    I have tried a different thing now. I tried to make my external playlist from the YT videos and it worked fine. The way how I did that was quite inconvinient though, I had to open each video and copy the address and add it to playlist.

Would it be too hard to add the posibility to copy to clipboard the url of the selected YT video? If it worked as follow:
    I search a video using UMPlayer, I select one (without opening it), I press Control+C, and I paste it to external editor where I set up my own playlist which I later open in UMPlayer.

I know it is a little hacky, but it would be easier than what is now..

• Nobody/Anonymous

Or maybe add a fourth column an the YouTube window with a separate YT playlist and add menu entry "Add to YouTube playlist"?
    I am sorry to be so persistent, but this feature is really missing. With that would be UMPlayer a great YT player as well. I like it very much, in short time it became my default player, and now when I managed to compile mplayer with a support for my Broadcom Crystal HD card it is unlikely to change, because it works like a charm with it..

Thanks for Your work anyways..

Have a good day!

Tomas

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hello !

Thanx for Umplayer, Good job !

But can you add the possibility to choose the Format 480p in quality youtube playback please ? :)
    We have only 360/720 or 1080 :(

Thanks.Excuse my english :)

• Miguel

Miguel - 2011-09-10

I would also like to see in a future release my YouTube subscriptions, favorites, and so on.

If not possible, it would be interesting to have the posibility to search for channels or users, and also to restrict the keyword search to an specified channel or user.

• Miguel

Miguel - 2011-09-10

I would also like to see in a future release my YouTube subscriptions, favorites, and so on. If not possible, it would be interesting to have the posibility to search for channels or users, and also to restrict the keyword search to an specified channel or user.

Oh, and, as the previous user commented, it would be nice if you could add the 480p formats for video.

• oinet

oinet - 2012-01-14

Oh, and, as the previous user commented, it would be nice if you could add the 480p formats for video.

I opened another topic before I saw the same request here.

I looked inside the umplayer.ini and changed the appropriate field from "18" (360p) to "35" (480p) and hoped for success, but unfortunately that didn't work. I haven't looked at the YT video API but I'd be surprised if it would involve more than simply passing the fmt code (or at most, mapping it to some string/whatever dictated by the API).

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks