Menu

Few requests

2006-01-26
2013-04-08
  • Wim Vanherle

Wim Vanherle - 2006-01-26

First of all, let me say how thrilled I am to finally find a thing like this! I'm very excited to be able to control my winamp remotely, using BlueTooth.

However, it still needs some work, imho, and these are the most important things that I think are missing:

* Bluetooth connection. It works fine with a USB connection, but my bluetooth won't connect. I always get the "Tx/Rx failed: 0305" message, even though my HotSync conduit isn't running. I've tried several baud rates (both equal on PDA and in uMMC.ini) as well as Bluetooth V1, V2 and auto.

* Be able to queue an entire album or artist at once, and not just one song at a time

* When selecting an artist in the list, show a list of albums belonging to that artist, instead of all the songs at once. Then, when choosing an album, show the songs of that album only. Same with genres.

* When the server and client are running and connected (I can queue and playback songs), then switch to another program on the pda, and finally switch back to uMMC, the connection is lost on the client's side, but the server side still thinks everything is ok. As a result, the client can't reconnect anymore and I manually have to restart the server.

• anthony glare

anthony glare - 2010-03-20

Concerning the bluetooth error. Lol Bit late I know..
    After deciding to try to resurect my old palm as a music player controler I ended up here with same problem (dead USB on the TX means its gotta be Bluetooth). Anyways after pondering it for a while it struck me remove the quotes and the comments when editing the ini file for the com setting.

Below is what is working for me:

Setting = COM4: baud=115200 parity=N data=8 stop=1

It's a pity this app appears to be dead. Palm's fault I guess for abandoning its user base, I know thats why I retired my T|X.