Menu

I can't use the help section in the command line

Help
Nasutum
2016-01-29
2016-01-30
  • Nasutum

Nasutum - 2016-01-29

I am having a bit of a frustrating time with using udefrag because, whenever I need to look at the help menu in the command line (CMD or Power Shell terminal), the menu does prompt, but then closes on a seperate command line terminal window.

I'm not sure what to do or where to look to fix this problem. I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64 bit.

And the version that I'm using for udefrag is the 64-bit version.

thank you for your help in advance

• Dmitri Arkhangelski

I don't think the problem is caused by ultradefrag as it uses the terminal the same way as thousands of other programs. I'd suggest to use google to search for a fix: maybe someone else experienced the same problem and, hopefully, found how to fix it.

• Nasutum

Nasutum - 2016-01-30

I'd have to surmise that it is exclusively a particular problem with udefrag becuase all other command line tools that have a --help flag don't cause for another CMD terminal instance to start then subsequently shut before there's time read the print out.

But if you say that you can't help then that's fine. If and when I find a solution to this problem then I'll post it up on this thread.``

Last edit: Nasutum 2016-01-30
  • Stefan Pendl

Stefan Pendl - 2016-01-30

UltraDefrag needs administrative rights to be executed, so it is best to run it from an administrative command prompt.
    The tightened security settings introduced in Windows Vista must be taken into account for system utilities, sorry.

Stefan

• Nasutum

Nasutum - 2016-01-30

Oh alright then! That's great! I tried it out and it now works. I'm going to document this for future reference in case I forget. Thanks again Pendl, you were very helpful!