Shutdown after completion

Help
Fatti Miei
2011-12-01
2012-09-12
  • Fatti Miei

Fatti Miei - 2011-12-01

I use UltraDefrag on a remote computer that I access via Remote Desktop. If I
    set the option to shutdown when done, I get a confirmation dialog from Windows
    so the system doesn't shutdown and sometimes it means it stays powered on for
    days. What can I do to overcome this problem?

• Stefan Pendl

Stefan Pendl - 2011-12-01

In the settings you will find an option to disable the shutdown confirmation
    dialog.

It is called seconds_for_shutdown_rejection and if set to zero no dialog will
    be displayed.

Stefan

• Fatti Miei

Fatti Miei - 2011-12-02

Hello, thanks for the quick reply.

The dialog I am referring to isn't UltraDefrag's own countdown, but rather
    Windows' system dialog after it.

It says:

If you shutdown this remote computer, no one can use it until someone at the
    remote location manually restarts it. Do you want to continue shutting down?

I routinely shut down the machine So it's not an issue with UltraDefrag; there
    must be some system option or policy to set, but I couldn't find it even with
    a bit of googling, so I thought maybe you could help. I routinely shutdown
    that machine remotely by a simple script that contains

shutdown -s[code], and it asks no confirmation. However, the shutdown method used by UltraDefrag does trigger the system confirmation dialog instead.

So unless there is some half-hidden system option to allow quiet shutdown, another solution might be to allow "run program/script" in the "When done" options.

• Stefan Pendl

Stefan Pendl - 2011-12-03

We will have a look at this, since we never tried using UD through RDP.

Thanks for reporting.

Stefan

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks