Build problems (amd64 specific?)

Developers
2007-08-08
2013-04-23
  • Stefan Zidar

Stefan Zidar - 2007-08-08

hey

i hope you guys that i post this in the developer forum, if you do, i guess you can move it somewhere...

so, today i downloaded your source and tried it on my amd64 machine (but i don't think they're amd64 specific at all)... and here are the issues i fell over:

* configure script
    seems not to proper detect openal/libalut stuff? i did install the openal-dev packages and the scripts detects it, but compiling fails because i didn't install the libalut stuff: it failed with something like "music.cpp: could not find AL/alut.h"... oke, not a big deal, i installed then the libalut-dev stuff and oke, building went on until some undefined references as -lalut wasn't submitted to the compiler... i had to run the configure script again...
    configure should detect this problem and fail with a "libalut not installed!" error message or something?

* metaserver.cpp
    building failed at this point, because of:

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/steff/Desktop/ultimatestunts-srcdata-0721/simulation'
    if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../intl -I../shared     -finput-charset=ISO-8859-1 -fexec-charset=ISO-8859-1 -Wall -g -O2 -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -MT metaserver.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/metaserver.Tpo" -c -o metaserver.o metaserver.cpp; \         then mv -f ".deps/metaserver.Tpo" ".deps/metaserver.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/metaserver.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
    metaserver.cpp: In member function 'bool CMetaServer::httpPost(const CString&, const CString&)':
    metaserver.cpp:195: error: conversion from 'size_t' to 'const CString' is ambiguous
    ../shared/cstring.h:58: note: candidates are: CString::CString(float)
    ../shared/cstring.h:57: note:                 CString::CString(unsigned int)
    ../shared/cstring.h:56: note:                 CString::CString(int)
    ../shared/cstring.h:55: note:                 CString::CString(bool)
    ../shared/cstring.h:36: note:                 CString::CString(const char*) <near match>
    make[2]: *** [metaserver.o] Error 1

i added a "(unsinged int)" before data.length(), i don't know if that type fits, you tell... my line looked then like this:
    "Content_Length: " + (unsigned int)data.length() + "\r\n"
    and compiled fine...

yep, that was it... ultimate stunts RUNS on 64bit linux... (i'm using ubuntu 7.04 btw)

greetings, steff.

• Stefan Zidar

Stefan Zidar - 2007-08-08

arrr
      first line: i hope you guys that i post this in the developer forum, if you do, i guess you can move it somewhere...
      should actually say: i hope you guys DON'T MIND that i ...
      sy

• CJP

CJP - 2007-08-09

Yes, the metaserver.cpp bug is amd64 specific.
      Yes, your solution is completely correct. It will be included in the source code. Thanks.
      No, I don't really mind you posted this in the developer forum. However, an email to me would have been better, or maybe a bug report (there is a special sourceforge page for bug reports).

I needed to patch metaserver.cpp anyway because of another bug (see the news page on http://www.ultimatestunts.nl )

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks